Sunday, May 28, 2017

May Madness

I think the title of this post says it all. This has been the craziest month. Here's a little peek into what it has entailed:

I started my first semester of graduate school online this month. And while taking four classes and trying to finish the school year well has been hard, I am actually enjoying everything I am learning, and my classes are going well so far. Hard to believe I am already one third of the way done with this first semester!

Last week the colegio had its third annual missions day on Friday, which I was in charge of organizing. (Luckily, I talked one of the tenth grade girls into being the MC so I could lead from behind the scenes!) Our classes spent about three weeks learning about another country's culture and religion to present on this day. We learned about Nigeria, Indonesia, and Brasil from 9th, 7th, and 8th grade in the morning, and even had a missionary couple share about their work in Indonesia while encouraging our students to become missionaries. In the afternoon 11th grade got to share about what it means to be an unreached and/or unengaged people group, and 10th grade shared one of these people groups from each country we had learned about in the morning. We closed the day with a sweet time of prayer for each country/people group.

 





This past Friday was Field Day for the escuela, but the week began with me trying to push through a nasty virus that has been going around. Lucky for me, my older classes went to a futbol game on Wednesday, so I was able to go home early and get some rest to be in shape for the craziness on Friday. Field Day was a blast as always. What kid doesn't love a whole day of games and no classes, especially when they got to spend the last hour playing futbol!





Also somewhere in this month was picture day for my 9th graders and 11th graders who will be graduating. This 11th grade class is the one I took over in the middle of my first year when they were in 9th grade, a decision I knew God was calling me to, but was terrified to make, and ended up being the best thing ever. I love these 11 kids, and I will be so sad to see them go.





























Hard to believe there is only one week left of classes, and then it's post planning and graduations. Here's to making the most of these last three weeks before summer break!

Alexa
al02846@georgiasouthern.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment