Sunday, September 6, 2015

Second First Week

And just like that, I have survived my second first week of teaching here in Honduras. And let me just say that this week went SO MUCH BETTER than last year. Actually having an idea of what you're getting yourself into makes a huge difference :)

Last year, I learned very quickly to rely on God for help with EVERYTHING, from lesson planning, to discipline, to actually teaching children who just stare at me when I speak to them in English. This year, with God's help and a year of experience under my belt, the first week of planning was a breeze, only had to deal with a few minor behavior problems of my talkative first graders, and I just have one class who stares at me when I speak (the 10th and 11th graders, go figure). 

We're all still getting to know each other, but I can say this year is off to a great start, and I'm looking forward to what the rest of it will hold. Now, if I could just get those teenagers to talk to me...

(my wall in first grade)

Alexa
al02846@georgiasouthern.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment