Saturday, August 22, 2015

I'm back!

Hello everyone! So after two months at home in the States and a break from the blog, I have been back in Honduras for a week and I have updates! I flew in last Friday, so we had the weekend to get settled back in to our home here before going to school on Monday for a week of planning time. We started out Monday with a devotional from our pastor and then we each got our school schedules. This year I am teaching first and ninth grade again, as well as a group of 10th and 11th graders who need some catching up on their English to get to where they need to be. I am excited about this new schedule, a little nervous for the new classes, but I know it will be great!

After the meeting time, we went up to the Teacher Workroom, which houses all the English resources, and found a TON of boxes of donations that arrived on a container from the States over the summer. We spent the rest of the day sorting through and organizing everything, and by the end of the school day almost everything had a place and we could actually sit down in their again!

Tuesday we stated with our training time. There are no new English teachers for this year as of right now (but if you know anyone who is interested, we can always use the extra help!), but there are three new Honduran teachers. We went over our manual again, and then we were split into discipleship groups which will meet every other Thursday to share areas where we struggle, study the Bible together, and pray. I was nervous to be in a group with four of our Honduran teachers, but I found out I LOVE my group. I kept up with the conversation well, and they spoke to help out my understanding. I know God is going to bring so much unity because of these groups, and so much growth in each of our lives. I am excited to see how this year progresses!

The rest of the week was spent decorating classrooms and getting organized for this year. Next week we will be visiting the homes of our students to talk with the families and pray for them before school starts back on the 31st. Please be in prayer for this new school year and everything God is going to do here. I'm excited to used by Him again for another year with these students.

To God be the glory!
Alexa
al02846@georgiasouthern.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment