Saturday, May 30, 2015

Last Day of School!

Whoa! Again, I have to ask, how did I get here? Friday was our last day of school, which meant one thing: PARTIES!

Because I teach three classes, I split my time between three parties, not to mention to women from the government chose the LAST DAY of school to come observe in Prepa (Kindergarten) to make sure the kids were ready for 1st grade. 

From 8-9 I hung out with my 1st graders as we played at the park. Always a blast:



Then it was off to 9th grade from 9-10 while they had some time to hang out and practice for their end of the year performance later that afternoon.

At 10 I went to Prepa to display a little of my English-teaching-skillz before we started our party with hamburgers, coke, games, and ice cream cones!




At 11:30 I went back to 9th grade while they finished up eating, and the whole colegio (7th-10th) walked down to the church for the end of year performances. Each grade had a dance, and they were all pretty good. The band also performed two songs, and Bethany's before-school drama class performed a skit. At the end of the day there were a few tears as students said goodbye to each other, but otherwise it was a happy, fun day full of celebrating everything they've gotten through this year.

Now we have two weeks left here. Two weeks to undecorate our classrooms, curriculum plan for next year, prep for graduations, put on two graduations, and meet with all the parents to give out final grades. A lot to do in two weeks, but after everything else this year, I think I'm ready for the challenge! After that, I will be Georgia-bound for the summer. I'm excited for some time with my family and friends, and then to come back and do it all again next year!

Alexa
al02846@georgiasouthern.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment