Sunday, May 17, 2015

"How did I get here?"

Sometimes, in the middle of a stressful week, I ask myself:

"How did I get here? What am I even doing?"

This was one of those weeks. Between planning for our first ever Field Day, getting exams ready, and helping 9th grade research (in Spanish) and get ready for Missions Day, I was stressing myself out.

But it's in the middle of these moments that I get sweet reminders from God. Yesterday, it came in the form of 1 Timothy 1:12:

"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, 
who has given me strength to do his work. 
He considered me trustworthy 
and appointed me to serve him."

God is strengthening me. Each and every day my own strength fails, but His strength NEVER fails. I don't even know why I try to rely on my own strength sometimes, because I always end up running back to Him. Maybe one day I'll learn that lesson.

God has called me to serve Him here. He has trusted me with this work. And those times when I feel overwhelmed, I question His judgement: "Are you sure you should trust me with this? Are you sure I can handle this?" But of course, He's God, and He's always sure. He knows what He's doing, and He trusts me, so shouldn't I trust Him?

And so my response turns into thanks. Not stress, or worry, just gratitude. 

Thank you, God, for your strength.
Thank you, God, for your trust in me.
Thank you, God, for your call.

Alexa
al02846@georgiasouthern.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment