Sunday, March 15, 2015

Prayer Update

Hello all! Thanks to all who have been praying for me. Here's just a few updates on some specific things you can be praying right now:

First off, I have another staph infection on my leg, but I'm currently on some medication, so just pray for it to go away soon!

This week starts exams, so pray for the students to be focused and do well. Also for me, with three classes of exams in the subjects of phonics, grammar, spelling, and vocabulary, final grades to be calculated, government grade sheets to be filled out, report cards to be written in, I could really use some prayers for peace in my mind and extra time to magically appear to get everything done!

In two weeks, I will be traveling to Panama to meet my parents for Spring Break (thanks mom and dad for the trip!) Pray for safe travels for me flying over from Honduras and them from the States and for a needed week of rest and renewal.

After Spring Break the school will be doing "Missions Day." For the escuela (1st-6th grades) groups of teachers have been assigned countries to present about their culture, a missionary story from there, and how to pray them. I have heard this is a crazy fun, but exhausting day! This is so important though, since the purpose of Destino is to train up leaders and missionaries for Christ, and this day introduces them to so many different countries that they could one day be serving in!

A week after the escuela Missions Day is the colegio (7th-10th) Missions Week. Jenna, Bethany, and I have been charged with planning/organizing this, since the colegio has never done missions day. English class that week will be devoted to researching different aspects of missions, and on Friday the grades will present what they have learned. We really want this to be a task they enjoy, and not just another assignment, so please pray for their open hearts as they are even closer to the mission field than the escuela kids. I am exctied (and a little nervous) to see how this all turns out, so please pray for things to go smoothly!

And again, for me specifically, just pray for more of Jesus. I want Him always on my mind and always the first thing off my lips. As John 3:30 says, "He must increase, but I must decrease."


Alexa
al02846@georgiasouthern.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment