Sunday, March 22, 2015

Mi Salmo Favorito (My Favorite Psalm)

Psalm 34
Praise God Who Judges and Saves

David's song from the time he acted crazy so Abimelech 
would send him away, and David did leave.

I will praise the Lord at all times;
his praise is always on my lips.
(I pray for this to be my attitude all the time.)
My whole being praises the Lord.
The poor will hear and be glad.
(What an awesome testimony!)
3 Glorify the Lord with me,
and let us praise his name together.
(I want my life to invite others into worship with me.)
4 I asked the Lord for help, and he answered me.
He saved me from all that I feared.
(Most recently, I feared going to the Honduran doctor and having him cut into this infection in my leg, but I asked the Lord for help, and he answered! No knife to the leg for me!)
5 Those who go to him for help are happy, and they are never disgraced.
(The Lord is the only One who brings true happiness.)
6 This poor man called, and the Lord heard him
and saved him from all his troubles.
(Love that we can come before the Lord in full confidence that when we pray to him, he will answer.)
7 The angel of the Lord camps around those who fear God,
and he saves them.
(This is an awesome picture of a guardian angel.)
8 Examine and see how good the Lord is.
Happy is the person who trusts him.
(God invites us, not to just blindly trust Him, but to look at all He has done in the past and see that He is good.)
9 You who belong to the Lord, fear him!
Those who fear him will have everything they need.
(Respect the Lord.)
10 Even lions may get weak and hungry,
but those who look to the Lord will have every good thing.
(Even strong lions have to worry about food, but we can trust God to provide for us.)
11 Children, come and listen to me.
I will teach you to worship the Lord.
(What I am trying to do here in Honduras.)
12 You must do these things 
to enjoy life and have many happy days.
(A formula for joy!)
13 You must not say evil things,
and you must not tell lies.
(Being encouraging will make others happy, and through that make you happy!)
14 Stop doing evil and do good.
Look for peace and work for it.
(Sounds so simple, but sometimes can be so hard!)
15 The Lord sees the good people
and listens to their prayers.
(Such a blessing to have the ear of our God.)
16 But the Lord is against those who do evil;
he makes the world forget them.
(On day all the evil will be forgotten, and only the good will remain.)
17 The Lord hears good people when they cry out to him,
and he saves them from all their troubles.
(My God comes to my rescue!)
18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted,
and he saves those whose spirits have been crushed.
(Nothing can compare to the comfort of the Lord.)
19 People who do what is right may have many problems,
but the Lord will solve them all.
(He doesn't promise life will be easy, but He will be there to help you through it.)
20 He will protect their very bones;
not one of them will be broken.
(Thankful for God's protection over me.)
21 Evil will kill the wicked;
those who hate good people will be judged guilty.
(One day we will all be judged, and those not covered by the blood of Jesus will be guilty.)
22 But the Lord saves his servants' lives;
no one who trusts him will be judged guilty.
(Those of us who have trusted God will be innocent through the blood of Christ.)

Just some of my own thoughts about this Psalm. It has come up so many times over the years, and different parts have helped me through different situations and circumstances. What's your favorite?

Alexa
al02846@georgiasouthern.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment