Sunday, February 1, 2015

Manos Fuertes (Strong Hands)

Ugh, this week. The discipline problems seem to never end. In prepa and first grade, it's usually just talking in class, or not paying attention, and so I write their name on the sad face and take away some recess. In colegio it is so much different. There have been school rule violations and cheating and conferences and detentions. So needless to say, some of the kids aren't very happy with me right now. But I am holding on to the promise of Hebrews 12:11, "No discipline seems enjoyable at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it yields the fruit of peace and righteousness to those who have been trained by it." I know these students may think I hate them right now and I'm just being a mean teacher, but I do love them, and want to see them grow and do what is right. And sometimes that means doing the hard thing, especially for someone like me who hates conflict and confrontation. But hey, I'm getting better at it! I guess God is teaching us all lessons through this week, I just wish these lessons were easier to learn! 

"But you, take courage! Do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded." 2 Chronicles 15:7

Praying for strong hands this week!

Alexa
al02846@georgiasouthern.edu

1 comment: