Sunday, February 15, 2015

El Día de Amor y Amistad (The Day of Love and Friendship)

While all of you in the States were celebrating Valentines Day yesterday, here in Honduras we were celebrating "The Day of Love and Friendship." (Love that they throw in that friendship part. Makes us single people feel good.) But anyways, we had a great V Day here.

On Friday I made Valentines crafts with all my classes. Here are some of my precious Prepa students:




They had way too much fun gluing little pieces of paper onto their hearts!

On Saturday, Jenna made us delicious caramel apple cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and we all set to work baking for our Destino English teachers Bible study/Valentines party. Of course, it wouldn't be a party without my Pinterest-fail cupcakes. (I'll spare you the pictures, but they were still delicious!) We enjoyed an afternoon of eating, fellowship, and Ephesians 4. I couldn't have chosen a better way to spend this day, or better people to spend it with.

So I will leave you with the words of Paul from Ephesians 4:1-3: "As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit though the bond of peace."

Alexa
al02846@georgiasouthern.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment