Sunday, January 4, 2015

Vivir con Alegría (Living with Joy)

Feliz año nuevo! I returned to Honduras last night after two great weeks of being home with family and friends, and getting to talk about my experiences in Honduras. Last year flew by, and it's hard to believe it's already time to remember to write 2015 instead of 2014! 2014 held many wonderful things for me, from Student Teaching, to graduating, to moving to Honduras to teach English, and I can't wait to see what 2015 holds!

Some of you may have heard of "My One Word," where instead of creating a bunch of New Years Resolutions, you choose one word to be your focus for the year. I had never done that before, though I've heard of people who have, and in December God started placing it on my heart to find a word for 2015. I started with making a list of one word qualities that I want and God wants to develop in my life. I was surprised at how many words I came up with, and started praying that God would make one stand out for me. After that, the word JOY just kept popping up in my devotions and Bible readings, like in the Christmas story in Luke 2:10: "But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great JOY for all the people.' " And in Philippians 2:18 where it says, "You also should be happy and full of JOY with me." We even talked at church at home about how good news brings great JOY, and if you have that JOY, you shouldn't be able to keep quiet about it!

So that is my one word resolution for this year. To live joyfully, and hopefully that will inspire others to do the same. Have any of you chosen a word for the new year? I'd love to hear about it! If you want to learn more about choosing a word, check out this website http://myoneword.org/

I hope you all have a blessed new year!

Alexa
al02846@georgiasouthern.edu

1 comment:

  1. I'll be excited to see how God shapes your year through this word!

    ReplyDelete