Sunday, January 18, 2015

Cosas Nuevas (New Things)

Parcial Two is now complete! We gave exams this week, and spent basically all our free time grading, recording points on a spreadsheet for the government, and filling out report cards. With three classes, two of which are one-on-one oral exams that take all week and the other being a class I did not teach the material on before the test, it has been a busy week! 

Sury, one of my 1st graders

But we have all survived (I think) and I am ready to jump head first into this new partial. Isaiah 43:19 says, "Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." God is definitely doing some new things here at Destino. Teaching high school is new for me, but God is giving me the wisdom and the strength. Even if some of the kids seem unreceptive right now, He can make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert!

And speaking of new things, they're happening at home in the States, too. After a long week, I got the exciting news Saturday evening that my brother had proposed to his girlfriend at Passion! I am so excited for them, and I know they will have an incredible, God-centered marriage. 



I hope you are all having a fantastic first month of this new year, and that God is doing new things for all of you as well!

Alexa 
al02846@georgiasouthern.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment