Sunday, January 11, 2015

Confianza (Trust)

So first week back in Honduras after the two week break at home has been CRAZY! Sunday night, Jenna and I spent the night out at Destino and got to hang out with the kids in her home shooting fireworks and watching them play soccer. Give 18 kids a small fire and some little fireworks and they go WILD, but it was a fun night and I enjoyed spending the time out there. 

Monday all the teachers came to the church for a spiritual conference. Rhonda shared with us the whole story of how Destino del Reino came about, and how God provided every step of the way, which was really cool to hear, and the pastors shared some time of teaching to renew and encourage us before we went back to school on Tuesday and had to start pouring back into the kids.

And then it was Tuesday. Time to go back to school. Time to see my prepa and first grade babies again. And time to tackle a new challenge: teaching 9th grade. I know that God put this new challenge on my plate to stretch me and grow me and make me depend on Him even more this year, and I was nervous going into the first day, but throughout this week, all my fears have been squashed. On the second day of class, I asked the kids if they had any prayer requests before I prayed, and after a few moments of silence, a couple students actually shared some serious requests. Then the next day, even more shared. It was so encouraging to have them be so open and honest with me from the start.

In class this week, I asked them to write three paragraphs about their lives, just for me to see their writing. A lot of them wrote about their testimonies and home lives, and when I read over a couple in class I almost started to cry. Some of these students have been through a lot, but reading about how they trusted God through it all was overwhelming. And the fact that they trusted me with these stories after only four days of class was incredible as well.

I can already tell this is going to be a great new year. God is moving, and He is going to do some mighty things, and I am blessed to be a part of it!

Alexa
al02846@georgiasouthern.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment