Sunday, December 21, 2014

I'll Be Home for Christmas

What a whirlwind week! This was the last week of school before Christmas break, which of course makes for crazy kids! But overall it was still a fun week. Tuesday night a big group got together and we went caroling around Siguatepeque. We had the chance to bless some missionary families and got stared at by a bunch of Hondurans, but it was a great time.

Thursday my classes made Christmas crafts, and Friday was a big celebration for the whole school. Every class prepared a song, dance, or drama of some sort to present. Here are my first graders and their English presentation. We had a few mess ups, but they are still so cute!

video

We had a big party and got to leave school early. The colegio students had been writing letters of thankfulness to God, and each class met around a small bonfire to sing worship songs with our Bible teacher and burn their letters as a fragrant offering to God. It was so awesome to watch and sing with them. A neat time of worship for Christmas.


Saturday morning we rode to the airport and I got on a flight home for Christmas! I am blessed to have the opportunity to spend two weeks at home with my family and friends for the holidays. I can't wait to see all of you, and I thank you for your continual prayers for me. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas with your families.

"Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel" (which means, God with us). Matthew 1:23

God be with you all this Christmas!

Alexa
al02846@georgiasouthern.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment