Sunday, November 2, 2014

Semana de Exámenes (Exam Week)

Wow. So I have finished my first exam week, and can I just say, longest week of my life! Because I have the two youngest classes, neither of which can read or write well enough to take a written test, I had to one by one pull students out to test them orally. It took FOREVER, but it was good to have that time one on one with each child to see what they really know. 






After a long week of testing, grading, and writing in report cards, Friday night we met with some of the other English teachers and had a movie night, which a good way to wind down from the week. Halloween is not really celebrated in Honduras, especially by the Christians, so it was pretty much just a night like any other.

Saturday a few of us went to Pan de Casa to work on grades and report cards, then out to lunch. Unfortunately, while we were eating someone broke into the car and stole my iPad and another of our teacher's computer. So that stinks, but I'm thankful nothing else was taken. It makes me think back to the first mission trip I took five and a half years ago to Jamaica. One of the girls on the trip had her camera stolen, and I remember her saying when we came back that yes, she was upset it was stolen, but then maybe that person needed it more than her. So I am looking at the situation with that attitude and will pray that whoever took our things will be blessed by them. Maybe they took it for selfish reasons, or maybe they took it to feed their family. Either way, I pray God will work in their hearts. As 1 Peter 3:8-9 says: "Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing."

Alexa 
al02846@georgiasouthern.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment