Sunday, November 30, 2014

Gracias (Thanks)

This week, in the States, was Thanksgiving. At Destino we celebrated Día de Acción de Gracias with the kids on Wednesday, talking about what it means to be thankful. My first graders had a lot to be thankful for, so we made a Thanksgiving Tree!



I also have a lot to be thankful for. I am most thankful to be in the center of God's will here in Honduras, doing His work. I am thankful for each of my precious little students. And as much as I love them, I am thankful for a Thursday and Friday off of school, and time to relax at home. I am thankful that even though I couldn't be with my family in the States, Rhonda invited us out to her house for a small Thanksgiving lunch of 42 people. I am thankful for time spent decorating for Christmas, including homemade hot chocolate and handmade Christmas ornaments. I am even thankful for Pinterest-fail cookies.


Yes, these are melted snowmen, and they are beautiful creatures with feelings, no making fun!

Today I am thankful for a road trip with other English teachers from Siguatepeque. Thirteen of us rented a van and went to Valle de Angeles to do some Christmas shopping, then visited the Christ statue outside of Tegucigalpa, and finished the day with REAL hamburgers from Johnny Rocket's in Teguc. I am thankful for the English speaking community here, and how well we all seem to get along. I am thankful that my Jesus, like this statue, meets me with arms wide open no matter what I come to Him with. And I am thankful for hamburgers! That's one thing you can't find in Sigua that I miss so much, a real American hamburger, so that meal was a treat!



I can't believe we only have three weeks here until I come home for Christmas. The time is flying by. Guess that means I'm having fun! Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks. Thanks for continuing to pray for me, and I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving as well!

Philippians 1:3-6 "I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

Alexa
al02846@georgiasouthern.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment