Sunday, October 12, 2014

La Buena Obra (Good Work)

I think I'm finally figuring out my routine here, although I'm scared to say that because I know as soon as I do, something will happen to switch it up! Like Tuesday, one of the buses broke down, so we were stuck with all the 1st-6th graders and only one bus, which meant the bus had to take half the kids, turn around and come back, then take the rest of us about 30 minutes later. This didn't phase the kids though! They had fun playing duck, duck, goose and other games. I'm impressed with how well they entertain themselves!

Wednesday in 3rd grade I got to do a cheer with the 3rd graders to help them learn the "s-h" sound, which was pretty much the most awesome thing ever. Here's the video if you missed it on Facebook:


video

I am loving these kids, but exam week is coming up quick and I'm nervous for them! I want to see them all do well, and I hope they will be ready!




One big thing I'd really like to ask you all to pray for right now is our visa trip. On Thursday Sheena, Kathy, Jenna, and I will have to leave Honduras and go through Guatemala to Belize until Saturday. Our visa says we can only stay 90 days here, then we have to go two counties away for two nights to renew our visa, so this trip will fill those requirements. Please pray for our safety and travel arrangements, as it will take a car, some walking, two buses, and a water taxi to get there. Also pray for the people we will encounter there (who actually speak English!) and that we will be able to be good witnesses for Christ and touch the people we meet there.

Philippians 1:6 says that "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." God is doing a good work here, through Rhonda, and Destino, and the other missionaries and Honduran teachers. I am honored to be a part of this work for as long as He allows me to be. Thank you for partnering with me in prayer!

Alexa
al02846@georgiasouthern.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment