Sunday, September 28, 2014

Delante de Él en amor (Before Him in love)

Well, this has certainly been another interesting week. Tuesday morning, one of my students threw up all in the classroom, on me on the way to the bathroom, and then there on the floor. Great start to the day, but it got better from there. After school I had my first Spanish lesson at the Spanish Institute. This is a school in Sigua where many missionaries come for six months to a year to learn Spanish before moving on to their mission field. I will have one class every week, and hopefully that will improve my communication skills.

Wednesday I woke up with a little sore throat, which Thursday turned into a raspy voice and continued on through the weekend. Please pray for this all to be better for school on Monday! 

Friday we did not have school, but it was a work day. We sent out emails to all the student's sponsors to confirm that they will be praying for their child. That evening we had out first English teacher's Bible study meeting. We are reading Ephesians together, and had a delicious dinner and wonderful time discussing the first chapter. I love verse 4: "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love." How awesome is it that we can come before Him in love, without fear? The Bible says that perfect love casts out fear, and that is what we have with the Father. I can come to Him with any worry and any request and lay it out before Him, because He made me holy and blameless before Him.

Saturday Colton, Jenna, Bethany, and I went to a place called Atolera, which is about an hour from Sigua and has a mini zoo and delicious food made from sweet corn. We had a fun, but exhausting day together, and I was in serious need of a nap afterwards. 






Sunday I had a much needed day of rest before church. Praying for God to give me energy for this week!

Alexa
al02846@georgiasouthern.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment